The theme of this year’s meeting is: “Building Bridges”- Enhancing Multistakeholder Cooperation for Growth and Sustainable Development“. Sessions at the IGF are divided over 4 days, with main sessions as well as a number of workshops and fora. Some of the topics to be included in this year’s IGF include:
- Internet Fundamentals: how the Internet really works?
- Big Brother became reality – what is the right balance between security and freedom in the digital world?
- Social Media for Social Movement: How Civil Society Can Optimize The Internet to Conduct Online Public Advocacy of Human Rights
- Focus Session (Security): Legal and other Frameworks: Spam, Hacking and Cyber-crime
- Focus Session (Openess) Human Rights, freedom of expression, free flow of information on the Internet
- Making Multistakeholderism More Equitable & Transparent
- Civil Society in ICANN’s Multistakeholderism: The GNSO case
- Protecting journalists, bloggers and media actors in digital age
- Gender and Internet Governance: Integrating women’s rights at the IGF space
The IGF produces a programme paper that evolves as the preparation for the meeting progress.